Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe
This No Bake Key Lime Pie is one of my favourite desserts, especially in the hot summer months! It’s creamy and tangy and I personally love it topped with toasted coconut, oh my so good. We also freeze it make it a perfect summer dessert but you can serve it frozen or partially frozen, either way it’s all delicious.
No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe – Two Ways to Serve It
This recipe only requires a few ingredients and is so simple to throw together in a short amount of time. As mentioned earlier you can serve it two ways, either partially frozen giving it a softer texture but still firm enough or completely frozen. When it’s been in the freezer for several hours it’s a cool treat but it’s not so rock solid that you need to take a chainsaw to it. You just top with your whip cream, grab your fork and you’re good to go.
This whipped no-bake key lime pie is perfect when you don’t want to turn the oven on! It’s so refreshing and yummy to eat. It’s bound to be quite the crowd pleaser.
Make sure to check out our other delicious recipes like the these ones!
Frozen or Semi-Frozen?
Either version of this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie is delicious but I prefer the fully frozen version in the summer in particular. Think of it as similar to Ice Cream Cake although I have found some of those too hard when first taken out of the freezer, not this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie.
It’s a nice cool down treat, not too tart and definitely not to sweet. You have to have the whipped cream on top but then again my family and I are partial to whipped cream.
Make sure to pin this delicious No Bake Key Lime Pie Recipe
Now who is ready to see how easy it is to make this Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie? Let’s get to the recipe shall we?
- Bought Graham Crust (or chocolate) or feel free to make your own crust
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded Key lime peel or lime peel
- Finely shredded Key lime peel or lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Optional for the crust - you can put egg white wash on the crust and bake for 5 mins or leave it as is. Entirely up to you. I baked it for the 5 mins this time but other times I don't if it's too hot in the house. Baked just gives it's a crispier texture.
- In a medium bowl combine condensed milk 1 1/2 tsp of lime peel and the lime juice
- In another bowl with a mixer on medium speed beat 1 cup of the whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the lime mixture. Don't stir but fold until it's mixed.
- Add to pie crust and cover.
- Freeze until it's at the firmness you want.
- Serve with whipped cream, more lime peel (if you want)
- Optional: serve with toasted coconut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
Which way would you serve this Easy Whipped No Bake Key Lime Pie? Partially frozen or completely frozen?