DIY Essential Oils Roller Bottles for Summer
We all look forward to the summer every year, but summertime comes with its own set of challenges. That’s why I like to get my DIY essential oil roller bottles ready to help me with those challenges.
If you are an essential oil user already, you probably frequently utilize your oils and know how awesome they are when things come up. Not only do you feel great using them, knowing they are giving you and your family such great health benefits, but they save so much money and keep up from running to the drug store for remedies, too!
If you’d like to know more about doTERRA Essential Oils please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
DO YOUR RESEARCH USE – QUALITY ESSENTIAL OILS
As you probably know I’m a fan of doTERRA essential oils as I have confidence in the quality they are providing in their essential oils. While I love buying a lot of things on Amazon I do not recommend buying essential oils on Amazon. If you haven’t heard of him look up Dr. Robert Pappas he has done independent 3rd party testing on essential oils. He exposed THREE popular brands sold on Amazon claiming to be 100% pure essential oil, nope they had synthetic ingredients in them.
You do not want to use oils with synthetic ingredients, it defeats the purpose of using essential oils. Using topically it goes into your bloodstream etc.. Check out the GC-MS analysis report for the essential oils of any brand you’re looking at buying from. If they can’t provide that I would be wary. doTERRA’s are available at: https://sourcetoyou.com/ and are batch specific. Look for the lot numbers on the bottom of the doTERRA bottles and enter it on that site.
Now onto this fabulous list of DIY essential oils roller bottles which was compiled with summer specifically in mind. The recipes of course, can be used any time of the year, and you may find that you prefer to add another oil here or there or to add more or fewer drops of one. That’s the great thing about doing this yourself, you can customize it to suit your own needs.
REMEMBER to read the label.
ALL doTERRA essential oils are labelled, if you’re not familiar with them make sure to read them. For example the citrus essential oils you should avoid UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying. Always test it out first with a carrier oil and for kids always dilute with a carrier oil. Avoid putting any oils near your eyes, inner ears etc..
Before I give the recipes, here are a few tips on using the rollerball bottles that help tremendously, especially if you’re new to them.
They come with the rollerball part separate and sometimes it can be tough to get all the way into place. It normally needs to click down twice to be flush against the bottle, and sometimes it is just plain stubborn and won’t budge after the first click. Get a kitchen towel and put over it, (carefully) and then push down hard with the palm of your hand. This will work every single time and spare your hand the pain, too.
Also, whatever carrier oil you choose to use, (I prefer fractionated coconut oil since it’s nice and thin and doesn’t have a scent to interfere with the other oils), put it into a pump style bottle to fill with. This will save you from spilling it as you top off the bottles.
Here are the Top 10 Summer Time DIY Essential Oils Roller Bottles
Each one of these DIY Essential Oils Roller Bottles will have a series of drops for you to add, just add them carefully as you count, as they can sometimes be very thin oils and you’ll end up with extra drops if you don’t go slowly.
- Bug repellent blend: 6 drops lemongrass, 8 drops lavender, 6 drops peppermint, 6 drops cedarwood and top off with carrier oil OR put in a spray bottle with witch hazel. You can also use 10 drops lavender, 10 drops peppermint and 10 drops lemongrass in a spray bottle. My friend and fellow essential oil lover Julie also has a fabulous DIY tick repellent essential oil spray that you can see HERE. doTERRA’s Terra Shield blend is also a fantastic bug repellent.
- Sports aches blend: This is great for carpal tunnel, joint pain or any general aches or pains caused by physical exertion. Blend 12 drops frankincense, 10 lemongrass, 6 marjoram and 12 peppermint. Top off with carrier oil.
- Cooling remedy roller: This is great when you will be out in the sun or just coming in from being out in it. It helps cool your down and give relief quickly. Blend 14 drops of peppermint or spearmint add 5 drops lavender. Top off with carrier oil.
- Tummy Tamer blend: This works so well for nausea or reflux – which we can all use from time to time! Blend 15 drops fennel and 14 drops wild orange and top off with carrier oil. Roll right over the area where you feel it the most, like over your chest for reflux, or belly for nausea. Also, place some on the wrist and inhale deeply to help relieve it even more. I also use doTERRA’s DigestZen or ZenGest depending if you’re in the US or Canada which can be ingested and works like a charm for upset stomachs
- Skin Relief Blend: This blend helps calm and soothe the skin and is great for after a beach or outdoor trip, or to use during the trip too. Blend 10 drops geranium, 8 drops frankincense and 12 drops lavender. Top off with carrier oil.
- Antihistamine blend: This is perfect for allergy issues as well as bug bites and stings. We keep this on hand all the time and it takes the swelling and itch right out of a bite. Blend 12 drops each of lavender, lemon and peppermint. Top off with carrier oil. *Remember with citrus oils about sun exposure, read the label!
- Immunity Building Blend: This blend is good to use a few times a week to help keep your immune system healthy and able to fight off colds and viruses. You can also use it several times a day if you do catch something. Roll it down the spine and on the bottoms of the feet. Blend 8 drops oregano, 12 drops lemon, 10 drops On Guard blend and 10 drops melaleuca (tea tree oil). Top off with carrier oil.
- Sun Spot Skin remedy blend: If you like the beach or other outdoor activities, then chances are you’ve got sun spots on your skin. This blend is great to use in your morning routine and it will help lighten and remove those spots. Blend 15 drops frankincense, 12 drops myrrh, 8 drops geranium and 8 drops lavender and top off with carrier oil.
- Headache blend: This is a blend that is obviously used year ‘round. However, in the summer time, with things blooming and being more active, headaches seem to be more frequent. Blend 12 drops peppermint, 8 drops basil, 8 drops lemongrass and 10 drops frankincense and top off with carrier oil.
- Swimmer’s Ear blend: This can be used anytime you have issues with the ear. Just roll it down the front along the ear and jawline. You can also add it behind the ear. You can put some on a cotton ball as well and place it in the ear. Never put essential oils into the ear canal. Blend 15 drops basil, 10 drops lavender, 8 drops lemongrass and 8 drops peppermint and top off with carrier oil.
You can also check out our Top 10 Lemon Essential Oil Uses. The possibilities are endless when it comes to good, quality essential oils. What DIY Essential Oils Roller Bottle blends would you like to do?
While I don’t recommend buying essential oils from Amazon I do get my roller bottles from them. Now go and try out some of the DIY Essential Oils Roller Bottles like the ones HERE.
45 thoughts on “Top 10 DIY Essential Oils Roller Bottles for Summer”
Thanks for posting the bug & tick repellant. A lady at the flea market was selling bug repellant for $10.00. She was using another brand of essential oils though. I thought if I had the recipe I could make my own since I have nearly all of the doTerra oils.
I’m going to have to tell my sister to check the essential oils she just bought form Amazon….I hope she bought the pure ones…I like it when a company calls out other companies for not being honest with their products. Good to see that doTERRA is proud of, and honest in what they sell…bravo.
I was excited to read this article. I have been learning about essential oils and incorporate them into my daily routine.
These are great and thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.
love essential oils!!
I love making my own bug repellant with essential oils. I’ve never made a roller before though. I may have to try that.
The great article. I’ve learned a lot. Essential oil’s is something that I’ve always wanted to learn more about.
I have not made any of these blends! I am going to make the Bug repellent blend and the Sports aches blend today.
These all look great for what ails us. Thanks for all the info.
Great idea! Thanks for stopping by the Home Matters Linky party.
Those roller bottles would be so helpful with the EO application. I cant tell you how many times I’ve dripped too much out!
Visiting from Wine’d Down link up. This is a really helpful post. I will refer back to this for the recipes. Pinned as well.
I didn’t realize this article would be recipes – I thought it was ready-made ones. This is just great – I love using essential oils. I use just peppermint for headaches but I think I might try the blend you shared.
My wife and I use essential oils a lot. We really like to use lavender for bug bites.
Thanks for the instructions. It was very helpful.
I came over from the jembellish blog links. I’ve gotten into essential oils the last few months, but hesitant to make my own!! I’ll have to try out a few of the ones that you’ve suggested for the roller tubes.
best of luck. Make sure to do the research on whatever essential oils you buy as I mentioned.
Good recipes… I like using my roller bottles for various blends.
Thanks for the recipes. I love essential oils and their amazing benefits.I enjoyed this awesome feature and learnig experience very much.Than you for this post.
never tried them but got some for my niece for X-mas and think she links them.
Have been looking into this. would be great for my age and sunspots. i like that it has several uses.
I could really use the sports aches blend for when I overdo things around the house.
I love essential oils. Thanks for the tip!
I love essential oils and the way they can help you relax and recharge.
I appreciate the different ways to use oil to take care of issues. I am most interested in the headache one.
I’m someone who’s very skeptical of essential oils. I’ve never used them before and I always feel like my issues are far too serious for them to work for me. Thank you for this post though, I do need to give them a shot at least and this was really informative
This is awesome, thank you so much for this informative post! I am also new to essential oils and am trying to learn as much as I can.
Well if you want to learn more and are interested in doTERRA feel free to message me. There’s so much to learn we’ll always be learning lol
I’ve never used oils. I’ve read mixed reviews. People either love or hate it.
Interesting. I can’t imagine anyone hating them. the only reasons I can think of is they had poor quality oils or didn’t know how to use them. There are countless ways to use them if done properly, what’s not to love about using natural products. My caution as in the article do your research and find out the quality of the oils ask for those reports, no synthetics in your oils.
I love essential oils. I use them in lotions and bath soaps. And I love them a diffuser. I use lavender in my bedroom to help me sleep.
You can also trying putting lavender on the bottom of your feet (with fractionated coconut oil) to help you sleep. I do both the diffuser and what I just said 🙂
Ok now I understand why people are crazy for these oils! Look at all the great uses. Very informative guide and review
I have been buying essential oils for 3 or 4 years. I love reading about the many benefits. I have never attempted my own recipes though.
I am so intrigued by these. I wish hubby wasn’t out of work right now. They are a bit pricey so it makes it difficult for me to jump on the bandwagon!
I just got upset. I gave most of my oils to my daughter. I has the ones to get rid of sun spots/age spots. I need them back! I need to learn what each oil is used for.
Oh wow! This article was really great! I’m shocked to hear about Amazon and won’t be buying any essential oils there. I’d be really interested to try the blend to boost your immune system. I really want to boost mine. Thank you for the read and I’ll have to try these sometime 🙂
I love doterra essential oils! I need to get a diffuser though!
Hi Angela, the doTERRA Petal Diffuser is on for 10% off for May only. If you want more info feel free to contact us.
I love essential oils! This list was really helpful 🙂
Thank you for the recipes. I love using essential oils. I diffuse at least once a day for overall well being. I love the cooling roller recipe. Great for summer!
Looking good love to try this
I am just getting into oils. Thank you for the information.
Enjoy, again make sure to do the research on whatever brand of essential oils you’re using.
Thanks for showing me how to do this. i have all kinds of oil at my house and use them in diffuser’s.