Pumpkin Spice Scones Recipe – Oh So Yummy!
There’s something about scones that just makes me crave them. These Pumpkin Spice Scones are no exception!
No matter how you pronounce the word scones they are a tasty treat and we love the versatility of them. You can have savory scones, sweet scones, fancy scones, the ideas are endless. I tend to love the savory ones most of the time but I never turn down a good scone with a little dollop of butter or two. These pumpkin spice scones were a lot easier to make than I thought they would be too. That could be dangerous as I might make them a little too often!
Pumpkin Spice Scones
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, preferably cold
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice mix, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Spice Candy Melts
- 2 teaspoons shortening or lard
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Stir all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, then the 1/2 cup whipping cream, then the pumpkin puree and spices.
- Add the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture one cup at a time, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean, floured surface and roll into a large circle, no more than 2" thick.
- Cut into "pizza slice" triangles, and then brush overtop with the 2 Tablespoons whipping cream. Sprinkle on additional pumpkin spice mix.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden and scones have formed a hard crust.
- Cool on a baking sheet and meanwhile make the glaze. Melt the candy melts along with the shortening in a microwavable mug in 20 second bursts, stirring well in between.
- You can pipe the glaze onto the scones, or drizzle on with a spoon.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
I know the season of pumpkins is over but I never get tired of pumpkin and these scones, I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of these. They taste too darn good especially with a cup of tea or coffee and a warm scone with some butter on it. Oh boy now that is a heavenly moment of deliciousness in my opinion. You can also add some chocolate chips or cranberries to this recipe if you want to make it a little bit different. Either option or neither are good, it’s whatever you like to have.
Are you now hungry for Pumpkin Spice Scones? Go and try them out and let us know how you liked them. Don’t forget we have many, many other recipes too from the sweet to savory and of course some healthy meals too.
Get our FREE Simply Sweet Recipes eBook HERE
Leave us a comment below to tell us if you’ve made or are thinking about making this scrumptious recipe, we love to hear from you all. Now what are you waiting for go and have a treat, preferably a pumpkin spice scone 😉
28 thoughts on “Pumpkin Spice Scones Recipe”
I love anything with pumpkin in it. Thank you I’m going to make this on Halloween morning ????
Count me in! Scones are one of my favorites, and I’ve been looking for pumpkin goodies to bake. I have everything I need except the heavy cream. Thanks for the recipe!
I love anything pumpkin, I just love the flavor and the taste is usually good in anything, I will have to try this , never thought about making scones .
I think the whole family will love this. I will be making it on Saturday, and I thank you for sharing it.
Love pumpkin spice but never had it in a scone. Nice treat to go with a hot tea.
I have to make these! Never tried pumpkin. Thanks for sharing!
I love pumpkin prepared recipes. The Pumpkin Spice Scones sound really delicious.
I have been meaning to try these. It sounds like they’d be good with cup of tea.
I love scones but have never made any. With your pictures and tutorial, I think I’m ready. My grandson loves pumpkin pie and I think he would love these also. He also likes to help me cook and so this would be a good project for us to work on together.
I love anything with pumpkin spice and these sounds so yummy
I love recipes with pumpkin spice in them. Scones are good, too
I do love anything Pumpkin Spice so I can imagine how wonderful these Scones are. I know I would want it with a cup of spice tea.
These look absolutely scrumptious,I’d love to make them for my next ladies get together.
Looks and sounds delicious! One of my kids’ favorites! Thank you for the recipe! 🙂
I love pumpkin and these sound delicious. I will try this recipe.
I love the fact that they’re triangles! I’ve never even thought of making scones like this!
I LOVE scones and make them a few a year. I still have some frozen homemade pumpkin puree in my freezer so need it thaw it to make these…and I’m NOT sharing!
I love pumpkin spice all year long! Thanks so much for the recipe 🙂
We love all things pumpkin….don’t think I’ve ever tried a pumpkin scone!
This looks amazing! I will have to try this!
These sound delicious. I love pumpkin muffins and pumpkin coffee. Pinning to breakfast board.
This looks so delicious! I love pumpkin spice ???
I love pumpkin spice.
I just love pumpkin. These sound so good and not to hard to make. Thank you so much for sharing this
This sounds pretty good. I have never tasted a scone before. I guess it’s like a biscuit.
Oh my.. I shall have to try these. They look delicious 🙂
Oh I am in LOVE with this recipe. I love pumpkin desserts all year round not just during the autumn season. 🙂