Pumpkin Monkey Bread Slow Cooker Recipe
What is monkey bread? And can you really make it without a bundt pan? Answers to all of your questions, with a special pumpkin twist.
Traditionally monkey bread is a type of bread made by baking many small balls of yeast dough in a pan with a sweet or savory sauce. Although a lot of recipes are in a bundt pan so there’s a couple of varieties. No matter the shape or what pan it’s made in monkey bread is oh so delicious! As I love recipes I can throw into a pot or in this case a slow cooker and walk away for while it does its thing that’s a recipe for me. So yes we did a slow cooker pumpkin monkey bread recipe and let me tell you it’s so yummy! It won’t last long, at least it didn’t in my home.
Let’s get on to this slow cooker pumpkin monkey bread recipe shall we?
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tbsp. pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. white sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 (12.4 oz.) cans refrigerated fluffy biscuit dough
- To prepare the filling, beat together cream cheese, pumpkin puree, 2 tbsp. sugar, and 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice until combined. Set aside.
- Generously grease the inside of a slow cooker with baking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon and 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice. In another small bowl, combine 1/2 cup melted butter and brown sugar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Open cans of biscuit dough and chop each biscuit into 2 equal pieces. Flatten and spoon 1 tsp. of filling into the center of the dough, and top with another piece of dough. Pinch seams to seal and roll into a ball.
- Coat each ball of dough in the butter/brown sugar mixture and roll around in the bowl of cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice before placing in a single layer in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour 2 tbsp. melted butter over dough and lay 2 paper towels over the slow cooker before placing the lid on.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Turn off and let cool for 5-10 minutes before removing monkey bread from the slow cooker.
- Serve with maple syrup or cream cheese frosting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
Is your mouth watering now? Ready to try this slow cooker pumpkin monkey bread recipe? PIN this delicious pumpkin monkey bread recipe for later!