Low Carb Chocolate Protein Waffles
Gluten Free Too!
Enjoy these delicious single-serve Chocolate Protein Waffles that are packed with protein, and ready in just a few minutes so you can enjoy yummy, low carb waffles any time. Check out our video for this simple recipe.
These Chocolate Protein Powder Waffles are a delicious breakfast choice that take less than five minutes to make. Even better if you’ve been looking to cut down on your carbs these are the waffles for you. You can enjoy these chocolate protein waffles with no guilt.
Make sure to check out our other yummy recipes like the following:
- Oven-Baked Waffles
- Valentine Pretzel Rods
- Coffee Cupcakes with Cocoa Buttercream
- Easy No-Knead Skillet Bread
Make sure to PIN this Chocolate Protein Powder Waffles Recipe
Do Chocolate Protein Powder Waffles Taste Like Regular Waffles?
These chocolate protein powder waffles have a very similar texture on the inside like regular waffles. However, the outside of the waffles have a softer texture, not crispy but we didn’t mind that at all.
Use a quality protein powder
Now for any recipe you want to use quality ingredients for for this chocolate protein waffles recipe make sure to use a protein powder that YOU like the taste of.
Make a batch of these chocolate protein waffles for meal planning
You can make these easy chocolate protein waffles are in advance for an even quicker and delicious breakfast. Bonus you can feed your chocolate craving at the same time. If you’re not worried about your sugar intake or want to indulge a little bit you can top with maple syrup and/or whipping cream. or a sugar-free syrup option if counting calories and watching your sugar content.
Variations for Low-Carb Protein Waffles
- Try different protein powder flavors. If you don’t want to have chocolate protein waffles, guess what? That’s an easy fix, substitute for vanilla or any other flavor protein that you like.
- Use a variety of toppings. This is where you can really have a lot of variation. try different fruit toppings like raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, dark chocolate shavings, nuts, peanut butter, whipping cream, coconut whipped cream, sugar-free syrups and the list goes on.
- Additional ingredient options. Some people like to add a bit of coconut flour for a fluffier waffle. I haven’t personally tried that but you can experiment.
How to make chocolate protein waffles
- Preheat the waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth
Now let’s get to the full recipe for this dark chocolate protein waffles recipe shall we?
- 1 Egg
- ½ a Banana
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
- Toppings of choice (fruit, syrup etc..)
- Warm up your waffle maker.
- Start by placing your egg, banana, protein powder, and unsweetened cocoa in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Spray your mini waffle maker (see our notes for size) with cooking spray.
- Divide your batter into thirds and pour ⅓ into the waffle maker.
- Close the waffle maker and let cook for about 1 minute. Until cooked through.
- Repeat two more times, with the remaining batter.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.
For this recipe we used this Waffle Maker from Amazon, it has a 5-inch cooking surface. You can easily double or triple the batter and use a full-size waffle maker if you want to make more waffles at a time.
See the notes in the post for recipe variations and other tips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
It doesn’t get much easier than that does it to make chocolate protein waffles. Of course you don’t have to add that much syrup but to me what’s waffles without a pool of syrup? LOL You can of course use sugar-free syrup.
Don’t forget these chocolate protein waffles don’t just have to be for breakfast. They are yummy as a snack and a low-carb but oh so easy to make dessert too. If it’s got whipping cream on it, it’s practically a dessert right? A dessert with less guilt in my opinion. If you try this recipe let us know how you liked it and what variations you tried. We’ll leave you with one more photo.