Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing
Grilling season is here so let’s start with this Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries
May is here and that means more grilling time! I’ve been grilling on the bbq since the beginning of April, but as long as it’s not freezing outside I try to grill. When I grill one of my favourite recipes to make is this Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries. You top it off with the light but tasty strawberry vinaigrette and this salad becomes one delicious and filling meal!
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries is Full of Flavour
I love this Grilled Chicken with Strawberries and Strawberry Vinaigrette because it’s so yummy, and it’s the perfect summer meal. The slight sweetness of the strawberries complements the spiciness of the cayenne in the dressing. Grilled chicken and strawberries on a salad along with the sweet and slightly spicy vinaigrette is bursting with flavours that taste so good together!
At the heart of every tasty recipe are quality ingredients from the main ingredient like the chicken to the veggies. We always get chicken raised by a Canadian Farmer. We just look for the logo (see below) and we know we’ve got our Canadian chicken which is grain-fed, free of hormones and steroids.
Grocery Shopping Made Easy
I’m notorious for forgetting what I need to get at the store once I’m actually there. Fortunately Chicken Farmers of Canada’s grocery app helps me with that. Now I never forget what I need to make that next yummy recipe. I love that you the grocery list app lets you create multiple lists and I can share my lists with my hubby in case I need him to pick up the groceries.
Now let’s get on to this delicious Grilled Chicken with Strawberries and Strawberry Vinaigrette shall we?
Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Romaine lettuce (Baby Spinach or Arugula may also be used)
- Thin cut boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- Red onion, if desired
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- Strawberries, thinly sliced vertically (8 berries for dressing, a few to slice for salad, and a few whole to serve with the salad)
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Candied Pecans pieces (I used Bourbon Praline Pecans)
- 8 Strawberries
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar (I used Pompeian brand - a garlic infused vinegar will also work)
- Sea Salt, to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste (approx. 1/4 tsp)
- Cayenne pepper flakes, to taste (1/2 tsp is a good amount for a little zing, but not overly hot)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Grill chicken breast on grill. Thin cut chicken breast cook fast, so watch carefully!
- Wash and tear (tearing keeps the lettuce from browning) the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces and place on dinner plate.
- Prepare the red and yellow bell pepper by capping and removing seeds. Slice thinly through the whole pepper and then cut each slice in half to make thin strips. You may also dice, if you prefer.
- Wash and cut the grape tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Slice the red onion into razor thin slices and then half each strip.
- Wash and cap the strawberries. Slice thin vertically and place in salads.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, grape tomatoes, and thin sliced strawberries to the romaine lettuce in the salad plate.
- Sprinkle with crumbled Feta cheese.
- Add candied pecans, if desired (highly recommend, yum). Candied pecans add a nice sweetness and crunch to the salad.
- Cut grilled chicken into strips and top each of the salads with several strips.
- Serve with Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing on the side.
- Add all the dressing ingredients (strawberries, Balsamic vinegar, Pomegranate Infused Red Wine Vinegar, sea salt, ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and olive oil) to a blender and process until well blended and smooth.
- Serve in a small container or bowl with the salad.
- The cayenne pepper adds just the right amount of heat with the sweetness of the strawberries, dressing, and crunchy candied pecans for a deliciously sweet and spicy taste.
I know it looks like a lot to do but when you start to make this yummy Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries it’s not that hard. You can of course substitute ingredients. I personally don’t like raw onions but my hubby does. So his salad has them and mine doesn’t the candied pecans add a nice crunchiness and yummy flavour to the salad but again you can not have them or switch it with something you like. If you ant your chicken perfectly cooked each time use the Chicken.ca cooking chart. It doesn’t matter if you’re grilling, roasting or cooking in a skillet, it covers them all.
Chicken.ca really does make it easy for you to cook your chicken, the app helps with your grocery shopping and if you need recipe inspiration they have a ton of recipes as well!
$5,000 Backyard Makeover Contest
Wow this is a fabulous giveaway! Chicken Farmers of Canada wants to help you get your yard ready for grilling season! They are giving away a $5,000 Backyard Makeover to a lucky Canadian!
#NoNakedChicken Twitter Party
Come and join us for the #NoNakedChicken Twitter Party on May 16th at 9pm EST! There are some fabulous prizes which include a BBQ, free standing hammock and a $200 Home Depot Gift Card! RSVP BELOW!
Connect with the Chicken Farmers of Canada on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.
36 thoughts on “Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries”
This looks fresh and healthy.
We eat alot of chicken in our home and grilled chicken is my favorite way to fix it. This Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberries & Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing looks so good for summer and this early hot weather.
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, we have really enjoyed it and hope you enjoy your new Red Plate!
Looks like a yummy recipe. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Shared.
Oh my Michelle, that salad looks abSOOOOOLutely delicious. I can’t wait to try it.
You had me at the title – I love grilled chicken and strawberries so the combination is a no brainer.
Strawberris and chicken are one of my favorite flavor combinations for salad. Your grilled chicken makes yours look really good!
Oh my, this salad looks so good. I love Strawberries and I love chicken. I had not thought about trying them together. Thank you for sharing at Tasty Tuesdays link party. Shared and pinned.
Love the idea of strawberries in a salad sound wonderful!!!
This recipe looks easy and delicious. My hubby loves grilling so I will make this over the weekend.
I won’t go near balsamic vinegar. That and garlic. The smell makes me ill.
Oh what a Beautiful Chicken Salad …. It also sounds so Delicious…If there is a little more time needed to make a salad like this its worth it. I am excited to make this and try it. I have it pined already! Thank You for sharing this awesome Chicken Salad!
I am trying this next week. Thank you for the recipe.
This looks so good, I want to make it for the family.
This looks amazing! Thanks for the great idea!
Looks delicious, I will definately keep this receipe.
Great recipe. Looks so delicious! Can’t wait for some good strawberries!
This recipe sure sounds delicious. Chicken is my favorite meat and strawberries my favorite fruit. However, the recipe is a little too long.
Sounds like a summer salad recipe that is going to be a favorite! It sounds & looks delicious!
Thank you for sharing. We eat a lot of salads in the summer. This one looks delicious.
This looks real good. I make it with arugula, without the feta and vinegarette, and it is great.
Oh wow u made that look so good I want it now at 1:28 am lol. I love all the ingredients. Ty
What a great combination of ingredients,will be making this for sure!
Thank you for sharing. This is my type of food. I love grilled chicken in my salad.
Mmm this looks like a delicious salad ,id love yo try it for a picnic in the park
This recipe sounds delish! I cannot wait to try it.
This looks perfect for a delicious weekend lunch!
I’m so going to make this this weekend for lunch. It looks so yummy and perfect for a light lunch.
This looks so yummy and healthy for sure
This looks like quite a combination. I cannot wait to try the special recipe. I will be going to the Twitter party.
This looks so YUMMY I have never tried anything like it but it sounds interesting and looks like it would taste great thanks for sharing I will be trying this recipe out!
I had this at a banquet and I’ve thought of it often; it was just so good. This salad is light and refreshing. Glad I saw this.
This looks perfect for summers on the deck!
I would take the strawberries off & eat them separately, lol. I’ve never been a fan of putting fruit in regular salads. I’m not sure why. I love fruit salad & I love regular salads…but not combined. But the grilled chicken salad sounds great (but with a different dressing & strawberries on the side.) My Mom is telling me I’m nuts, lol. She thinks it would taste great. (I think I might be a picky eater.)
Yummy! This is one of those flavor combinations that sounds absolutely delicious, but I have never tried before! I am definitely going to make one of these salads for myself. It sounds refreshing and perfect for Summer! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
This looks so good, I will be trying this recipe!