Fun Healthy Snack for Kids
Kids will enjoy this fun and healthy snack shaped like Kermit the Frog!
Do you struggle trying to get your kids to eat healthy snacks? Try this fun healthy snack for kids in the shape of the Muppet’s Kermit the Frog. It’s a fun and tasty treat that’s healthy with apples and a peanut butter fluff dip!
I loved the Muppet Show as a kid and I have to say I still enjoy seeing these characters from my childhood. I think it’s great that they are still loved by kids and adults today and it was fun to introduce the Muppets to my daughter when she was younger.
My daughter loved Miss Piggy but who doesn’t love good ole Kermie?! We love snack ideas that kids think are fun but of course as parents we’d like them to have healthy ingredients in them too. Well you can’t go wrong with apples when it comes to a healthy snack and oh so versatile.
This is a great after school snack for the kiddos. We know most schools if not all don’t allow food with nuts in them to come to school so save this fun and healthy snack for the kids for after school!
PIN this fun and healthy snack idea for kids
Not only is this a fun and healthy snack for kids to eat it’s a fun snack for them to help make too so get them involved in making the Kermit Apple Treats Recipe. It doesn’t have to be just for kids either, no reason adults can’t home some fun and have a healthy and fun snack too.
Make sure to check out some of our other awesome recipes like the ones below!
Let’s get to this fun and healthy snack for kids now shall we?
- 1 Green apple
- 1 Red apple
- 1 marshmallow
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup of fluff
- 1 edible marker - you can get them at Amazon if you don't have it: http://amzn.to/1NL5eub
- Take your green apple and slice it in half from stem to end.
- Slice a small slice off both sides of the green apple making one end more narrow.
- With a paring knife cut a moon shape in the center of the apple.
- Cut the same shape out of the red apple and firmly place it in where you removed the moon shape on the green apple.
- Cut your marshmallow in half. With your edible marker make the eyes. With the sticky side down place on top of your apple. The marshmallow will be sticky enough to stick to the apple.
- With the other half of your green apple cut triangle shapes for Kermit’s neck ruffle.
- In a small bowl mix peanut butter and fluff together until smooth. Serve with the apples!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 971Total Fat: 65gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 42gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 16gSugar: 50gProtein: 29g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
Do you have any fond memories of the Muppets? Who was your favorite Muppet? Feel free to share we want to know! In the mean time enjoy this tasty kid’s Kermit Apple Snack Recipe!
If you and the kiddos try this fun and healthy snack for kids let us know how they liked it. Did they help to make Kermit the Frog?