Easy Grinch Fudge Recipe
This colorful and easy Grinch Fudge is a fun, no bake holiday recipe with only FOUR ingredients. It’s a recipe for Christmas fudge that is prepped to set in the fridge in minutes and makes for a delicious family treat. If you love fudge you’ll enjoy this Grinch Dessert.
This easy Grinch dessert is a colourful and festive dessert that would be fun to have at any holiday gathering. It’s almost as much fun to make these homemade treats as it is to give them to friends and family. How could you not but help to smile when opening a box or tin and seeing this delicious treat inside?
Make sure to PIN this yummy recipe for Christmas fudge.
Check out our other delicious recipes like the ones below!
What’s In Grinch Fudge?
This Grinch Dessert brings even more holiday cheer to any gathering and makes for a tasty treat and gift. Our recipe has only 4 ingredients:
- High quality white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Can condensed milk
- Green gel food color
- Red heart sprinkles
Recipe for Christmas Fudge
- Select a sharp knife that is longer than the length of the fudge.
- Use a measuring tape to pre-mark where you want to cut on the fudge.
- Cut the fudge as soon as you’ve taken it out of the fridge. It should be well set and solid.
To make this fudge in the microwave combine the chocolate and condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Once the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate is melted add the food colouring.
How long will this fudge last?
Generally speaking if you keep fudge at room temperature wrapped in wax paper it can last 2-3 weeks. You don’t want to put it in the fridge because this will dry out the fudge.
Can you freeze this Grinch dessert?
You sure can, fudge freezes very well. Here are some tips to freeze your fudge.
- Wrap the fudge in wax paper, then wrap it again tightly in tin foil and place in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.
- To thaw, take the fudge out of the freezer, leave it in it’s wax paper/tin foil wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours before unwrapping.
- You can keep fudge in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- If you are going to freeze your fudge, skip putting the heart sprinkles on it, add after defrosting.
Let’s get to this yummy recipe now shall we?
- 3 cups high quality white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- Green gel food color
- 25 red heart sprinkles
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8” baking pan with wax paper and set aside.
- Mix the chocolate and condensed milk in a medium sized saucepan. Continuously stir slowly over medium-low heat until the chocolate is
completely melted and the condensed milk is fully combined with the melted chocolate. It should be very smooth texture.
- Gently stir in 8-10 drops of green food colour until fully mixed with no streaks of white remaining.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Gently press 25 red heart sprinkles approximately 1 ½ inches apart into the top of the fudge. Let it set in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Once ready, remove the fudge from the pan and cut into 25 squares. (see notes for cutting tips).
- See notes for instructions for microwaving the fudge.
The fudge can be made in the microwave. Combine the chocolate and condensed milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds. Once the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate is melted continue from step three.
Stir the mixture slowly when melting the ingredients
and adding the food color. Stirring too vigorously will allow more air into the mixture causing air pockets which create holes once the fudge is set.
Store the fudge in an airtight container at room temperature
for up to 2 weeks.
The fudge can be frozen wrapped in wax paper and tin
foil and in an airtight container for up to three months.
Are we right? Doesn’t that look easy to make this yummy and festive fudge? There’s a good chance you have all or most of the ingredients in your kitchen already. It makes for a wonderful treat and gift.
You can have lots of fun with this one. If you want to spend some extra time and get creative you could put 3 heart sprinkles per square of different sizes. You know to show the heart growing 3x it size in true Grinch fashion. We like to keep it easy and just did the single heart per square but the 3 different heart sizes could be fun but definitely a bit more work.
If you try this Grinch dessert let us know how you liked it and/or any changes you may have made. Happy fudge making.