Chai Overnight Oats
These chai overnight oats are an easy, healthy and delicious breakfast. You can enjoy them on the go or at your leisure at home. We’re sharing a few ways to make them from mixing our own chai spice to an even quicker option.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are basically oatmeal that you don’t have to cook. You mix up the ingredients (we do them in jars) such as the oats, your milk of choice (can include cow’s milk, almond milk, coconut milk and more), put it in the fridge overnight and voila you’ve got a creamy, healthy, delicious, tummy filling breakfast.
Many people eat them cold if they’re taking them on the go. I like to warm mine up in the microwave for about a minute. When I worked outside of the home, especially when my day started early I would take it to work and warm it up there and eat in my office. Do what you like best.
Why overnight oats?
Overnight oats like this chai overnight oats recipe are an easy meal prep option where you can make as much or as little as you want AND it’s so versatile. Want to change the flavour?
Make sure to PIN this Chai Latte Overnight Oats recipe!
No problem? Want to add different spices, fruit, use almond milk or coconut milk instead? You got it, you’ve got so many choices. Here’s a few more reasons why we love overnight oats:
- Easy to make ahead of time It can literally take just a few minutes whenever you have time. Mix the ingredients, put it in the fridge and the next day boom you’ve got a great breakfast.
- Versatility You can make as little or as much as you like of this chai overnight oats recipe or any overnight oats recipe. You can also customize them to fit your dietary needs and personal taste. Want a different flavour, go for it.
- Nutritious not only are they yummy but they are full of nutrients and you can make it as nutrient dense as you like. You can add chia seeds, collagen and more, it’s your choice and you’ve got lots of choices.
One of the best things about overnight oats is that they are super customizable! You can easily make tweaks to suit your dietary needs or preferences. Need them to be vegan, gluten-free, or lower in sugar? No problem-o! We cover all sorts of substitutions you can make in our in-depth overnight oats post, but here are some specific suggestions for these chai spiced overnight oats:
- Sweetener options: Skip the sugar. You can use honey, stevia, monk fruit sweetener or your favourite sweetener of choice. Some people use a ripe banana.
Check out some of our other overnight oats variations and our other recipes!
- Overnight Oats With Yogurt And Berries
- Simple Overnight Oats With Peanut Butter & Berries
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
or how about some overnight chia seed puddings?
Let’s get to this easy peasy chai overnight oats recipe shall we?
- Chai Spice Mix (You only need 2 tsp of the mix for this recipe. Store the rest in an airtight container)
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Overnight Oats
- Use 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of your Chai Spice Mix
- 2 cups of milk *See notes
- 2 tbsp sugar **See notes
- 1 cup of quick oats
- *see notes for a super quick alternative to the Chai spice mix
- Place all ingredients (only use 1 1/2 to 2 tsp of the chai spice mix) into a large mason jar, stir and let sit overnight.
- Scoop into bowls or cups and then garnish with nuts and granola if you want.
Alternatively instead of making your own Chai spice mix you can buy it pre-made or you can take a chai tea bag and soak it in the jar with the other ingredients overnight and remove the next day.
* Alternatives to cow's milk: Almond milk and coconut milk
**Alternative sweeteners, Honey, stevia, monk fruit sweetener, maple syrup
What do you think? Does this Chai Overnight Oats recipe look super easy or what? You can of course add fruits to it if you like. Remember overnight oats are versatile and you can’t go wrong if it’s a flavour you like!
If you try this recipe make sure to let me know how you liked it and any variations you tried that you loved.