Powered by Mom's Easy Apple Pie Recipe
You can never go wrong with a yummy and easy apple pie recipe
While I love making and trying different foods, especially desserts, I also love the classics. One of my favorite desserts is an apple, everyone in my family loves apple pie. When you have an easy apple pie recipe like this one there's no reason not to have a slice of good ole apple pie. If you like to make your own crust, feel free but no one has been able to tell when we used a frozen crust and when it was made from scratch. So have a few frozen pie shells on hand always makes this the ultimate easy apple pie recipe but oh so delicious!
There's a reason that apple pie is a classic favorite dessert for so many. Between the flake crust and more importantly the delicious apple pie filling with the taste of cinnamon and nutmeg it tantalizes the taste buds. Since the family loves this pie so much I wanted to make sure I had an easy apple pie recipe so I played around with some of my favorite recipes, simplified it as much as a I could without sacrificing the taste.
Whether we're topping this easy apple pie recipe with vanilla ice cream, whip cream or eating it all by itself it does not disappoint. The pie rarely lasts more than a couple of days if that! So are you ready to check out this easy apple pie recipe for yourself? Let's get going shall we?!
- 5 medium apples (I used 3 Gala and two granny smith) - ** optional, peeling the apple skin off.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Squeeze a little lemon about a teaspoon
- 2 pie crusts (I used Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Start by thinly slicing up the apples. Toss those into a large bowl. Combine with your sugar and mix well.
- Next add cinnamon, nutmeg, cornstarch, salt, and lemon. Mix well and set aside.
- Get your pie dish and pie crust. Lay your pie crust down in the bowl and press firmly all over so it is snug to the bowl.
- Add in your apple mixture.
- Unroll your second pie crust and lay it over top of the apple mixture.
- Get the sides of your hands and press firmly into the sides of the pie. Then you want to bend the side of crust over and pinch.
- With a knife put a few slits in the top. Place in oven at 425 for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
- You can top with vanilla ice cream or whip cream. Enjoy.
You can also sprinkle some sugar on top of your pie crust before baking for that added sweetness to the crust. We don't usually do that since we think it's sweet enough and even more so if we had some ice cream to it! Pies also freeze oh so nicely so if you want make a couple at a time and freeze one to have on hand for when you have company or the family just wants this easy apple pie recipe!
I love this easy apple pie recipe because the pie filling really all apples enhanced with cinnamon and nutmeg. I don't like pie fillings full of filler, I want it to be as much fruit as possible in that filling.
Pin it for later
We hope you enjoy this easy apple pie recipe as much as we do! Don't forget to check out some of our other delicious recipes in our recipe section. Like this
Or for something a little different but oh so tasty check out this Grilled Chicken Strawberry Pizza Recipe