DIY Mint Cocoa Whipped Body Butter with Coconut Oil
Enjoy the many benefits of coconut oil and essential oils with this DIY Mint Chocolate Whipped Body Butter. These would make great gifts for the holidays, birthdays, bridal showers and so much more. Just imagine the possibilities. You can use colored jars, mason jars, any container you like to suit the occasion, add some ribbon or whatever you want and it becomes a great spa gift.
Just remember to use good quality essential oils like doTERRA and coconut oil, remember this is going on your skin so you want it to be good quality. A small amount really does go a long way too, you'd be surprised at how long it will last.
Click on the links below for where I get my ingredients:
Now let's do some DIY Mint Cocoa Whipped Body Butter for softer skin!
- • ½ cup cocoa butter
- • ½ cup coconut oil
- • 20 – 40 drops peppermint essential oil (up to you depending on how strong you like it)
- Add coconut oil and cocoa butter to your mixing bowl.
- You actually want the cocoa butter in a solid state for it to whip up nicely so I used a butter knife to get my cocoa butter into the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle 20-40 drops of Peppermint Essential oil into the mixing bowl
- Mix it up. This works best if you have a stand mixer however a hand mixer will work as well, just a little more work. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes and then stop to scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue mixing in 1-2 minutes intervals until you have mixed for about 8-10 minutes and it’s nice and whipped.
- If you like a firmer texture you can add 1-2 teaspoons of beeswax.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
I love this body butter because it is easy to make, it smells divine and it has a cooling effect on the skin. One of the best parts is that you use all natural ingredients, no chemicals, no nasty stuff! You can make it to pamper yourself, give as a gift any time of the year. Just use some cute and pretty jars and it will make as a wonderful addition as a gift for the holidays, birthdays, bridal showers and so much more!
I like to make a big batch at once especially this time of the year and get them all ready for the holidays. The only downside is that sometimes it makes me hungry because between the peppermint, coconut oil and cocoa butter it just smells yummy 🙂
Now wouldn't you love to have some of this body butter? Let us know if you make it we'd love to hear from you!