Cinnamon Roll Waffles Recipe
Love cinnamon rolls and waffles? This is the treat for you! Cinnamon Roll Waffles, yes cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker which give us a delicious treat. The cinnamon roll waffle is topped with a decadent cream cheese icing, what could be better? How about the fact that they super easy to make?
You just can’t beat a delicious cinnamon roll waffle with cream cheese glaze, they are decadent and a crowd pleaser, whether it's a "crowd" of two, four, six or more! They are a special breakfast or treat that can easily be made any time your little heart desires.
Cinnamon Roll In a Waffle Maker
It doesn't see to matter what age the person, everyone so far has loved these waffles. I love how easy they are to make and yet it can be a delicious and sweet breakfast or a decadent dessert. You can make less like a dessert for breakfast by skipping the cream cheese glaze and only having fruit on top. It's still very yummy.
Do the waffles taste like cinnamon rolls?
Yes, it still tastes a lot like a cinnamon roll but slightly crispier on the outside but that doesn't take away from it's yumminess. You can off course make it less crispier, keep in mind it's just slightly crispy to start with. Each waffle maker though will be different so you have to gauge with your own waffle maker when it's cooked to a level that you like.
Tips for Making Cinnamon Rolls in a Waffle Maker
PIN this Recipe
Don’t open the lid. If you're not used to making waffles, this is one thing you don't want to to do as it could break the waffle apart. The best way to know if your waffles are ready is to watch the steam coming out of it. Once the steam stops coming out your waffle should be ready.
Don't forget to check out our other delicious recipes like the ones below. You might also want something a bit more savory with this delicious chicken and eggs breakfast skillet. Or, if you prefer something with a bit less involvement during cooking, check out the cinnamon roll French toast casserole.
What kind of waffle maker can I use?
You can use any kind of waffle maker that you want. The one shown here is a single Belgian waffle maker. Belgian waffles are circular in shape and the "pockets" are deep which are great for letting either the syrup or the cream cheese glaze pool in them for all that yummy flavour. However, you can use whatever waffle maker you have.
If you don't have a waffle maker here are a few that we think look great from Amazon (these are affiliate links).
Can you freeze this cinnamon roll waffle recipe?
You sure can! These waffles are perfect for freezing, but freeze them without the cream cheese glaze on them. You can defrost them or just pop them in a toaster, toaster oven or air fryer.
You can also keep these waffles in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Now let's get to this recipe shall we?
- 1 tube of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Maple Syrup (optional)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- Spray a waffle maker with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the waffle maker.
- Slightly flatten the cinnamon rolls.
- Place cinnamon roll/s on the waffle maker (if you have one that does more than one waffle & depending on the size add more cinnamon rolls.
- Close the waffle iron and allow the cinnamon rolls to cook.
- Our waffle maker took about 4 minutes but each waffle maker will be different. Once the steam stops or is almost dissipated it should be ready.
- You want the rolls to be soft with a slight crisp around the edges but not doughy.
- Remove and place the waffles on a wire rack to prevent sogginess.
- Repeat with the remaining cinnamon rolls.
MAKE THE GLAZE:
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and butter. I use a stand mixer on low to thoroughly blend.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar. Beat until combined.
- Add two tablespoons of heavy cream and mix still on low. Add more heavy until you get the consistency that you prefer.
- Drizzle the glaze over the waffles.
You can use maple extract instead of vanilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
It doesn't get much easier than that and yet you end up with a decadent treat! How would you serve these delicious waffles? We'd love to hear from you if you make them and let us know any variations that you did!