Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe
If you like cinnamon rolls then you will LOVE this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole. Think of it has taking the cinnamon roll to a whole new level. This sticky, sweet deliciousness really shouldn’t be called a breakfast recipe. It’s more like a treat, dessert but hey it’s also still kind of a French Toast so when I have a hankering for it I can claim it’s breakfast.
Even better yet (if that’s possible) this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is so easy to make. You can also make it ahead of time and warm it up a bit in the microwave when ready to serve. It’s perfect any time of the year but I love the idea of making it a day or two before Christmas or New Year’s day so it’s ready to go on those mornings.We all know how it can either be a crazy, busy Christmas morning, possibly up early or maybe for New Year’s Day where everyone wants to sleep in (maybe recover) and have a lazy day. This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is great for all of those times. After all who can resist the cinnamon-ny smell of such scrumptiousness?
I’m practically considered a Goddess when I make this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole. Somehow though that Goddess status fades quickly when it comes time to doing the dishes after baking this yumminess.
I think I will withhold the Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole servings until after my family does the dishes from now on. How much do you want to bet the dishes will get done and quickly if I do that? 😉
Before the icing is slathered on.
Can you prepare this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Cassserole Recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you sure can. You can prepare it a few days ahead of time and just re-warm it in the microwave. Easy peasy for those busy mornings or those mornings you want to be a bit lazy and just warm it up serve with coffee, tea, milk or juice or whatever your heart desires.
Let’s get on to this yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole Recipe shall we?
- 3 12.4 oz. cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls, icing reserved
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 containers reserved icing
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from packages and cut each roll into sixths.
- Drizzle melted butter in 9x13 inch pan, then spread the cinnamon roll pieces evenly in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla, then whisk until combined. Pour egg mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until top of casserole is golden brown and center is set.
- Prepare icing by combining reserved cinnamon roll icing with 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese, and 1 tablespoon milk. Whisk until smooth. If icing is too thick to pour, microwave on high for 10-15 seconds, then stir again.
- Pour icing evenly over casserole.
You can also add chopped walnuts or pecans.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
I told it was easy, am I right or am I right. There’s absolutely no point in counting calories in this recipe just enjoy it and go for a run later. Your tastebuds will thank me even if your waistline doesn’t.
Can you freeze the French toast casserole?
Yes you can freeze it but if using vacuum seal bags choose a gentle setting. I would recommend warming it up in an oven though in case it’s a bit soggy after defrosting it. I like it a bit toasted on top anyways.
If you try this yummy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole let us know if you liked it. If you didn’t like we may have to question your sanity but we’ll like you anyways (maybe) . 😉
Don’t forget to check out some of our other delicious recipes like all the goodies below.