Chicken Tartlets and Cranberry Salsa Recipe
Enjoy this delicious chicken appetizer that is quicker to make than you might think. These chicken tartlets with cream cheese and cranberry salsa are a tasty starter, you might even want to double the recipe.
*Recipe originally published December 2018. Updated December 2022
Chicken Tartlets with Cranberry Salsa Recipe
The busy holiday season is upon us and that always means lots of treats and gatherings with family and friends. I love being able to spend time to catch up with everyone and of course enjoying some yummy food. I'm big on snacks this time of the year because let's face it there's enough big, tasty meals coming our way so I like to enjoy starts like this tasty chicken tartlet with cranberry salsa.
While I may enjoy all of those fun holiday gatherings it can be crazy busy so to make things easier for myself I like to use the Chicken App to keep me organized with my grocery list when it comes time to buy all the ingredients I need for various recipes. It's great because I can easily add to it delete and look up anything in case I decide I need another recipe idea. Even better I added the Chicken App to hubby's phone and when I need to I can ask him to pick up what we need.
Once you see how quick it is to put this chicken appetizer together you'll want to PIN this so you can reference it any time you're ready to make it!We all know that quality matters when it comes to our food, you can literally taste the difference. To me, quality means knowing that there are no hormones in our chicken and that there are high standards for animal care and more. We know we that we get this and more when we only buy chicken raised by a Canadian Chicken Farmer and that it has the label below.
As my husband and I are both small business owners aka we work for ourselves we also believe in supporting small businesses and our community. We get all of that and more when we buy chicken with the raised by a Canadian farmer logo as shown above.
Make sure to check out our other delicious recipes like the ones below.
The majority of those farms are family owned and run and this means we're all supporting and contributing to the Canadian economy. So we're getting quality chicken that we don't have to worry about what's in it and supporting our community, now that's a win-win. If your local store doesn't carry chicken with that logo, ask them to bring it in!
Now, who is ready to find out how to make these tasty Chicken Tartlets with Cream Cheese and Cranberry Salsa Recipe? Let's get to it!
- 2 10.5 oz packages refrigerated flatbread dough (this was the measurements of what was readily available to me, you can sub with a local variety or your own fave flatbread pizza dough recipe)
- ¾ lb cold, cooked shredded chicken breast
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- ½ serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon roasted pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan or muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out flatbread dough and cut into 24 squares, then line the cups of the tin with one square each.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the cold shredded chicken and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed. Divide the chicken between the dough cups to make even servings. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the flatbread is brown and crisp around the top edges and the chicken is hot and the cream cheese slightly bubbly. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cranberries, red onion, serrano pepper, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt and sugar. Stir gently to combine then top each chicken tartlet with a heaping scoop. Garnish with a pinch of pecans and serve warm.
Serving Size:1 tartlet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Please note that we can not guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information. They are a best guess calculation.
Fresh or Frozen Cranberries?
If you can do fresh cranberries for this recipe that is best. However, in a pinch you can use frozen cranberries but you will want to make sure to drain them very, very well and even soak up more moisture in a towel.
Chicken Breasts or Thighs?
As you can see in our recipe we used chicken breasts and I personally like them best for this recipe. However, you can use chicken thighs but keep in mind that any variations can affect the recipe in taste, texture etc.. Chicken thighs have a higher fat content so that could affect the mix, you may have to play around with the mixture to get it the way you want. I have not done this recipe with chicken thighs but I'm sure it would be just as yummy.
We'll leave you with one more photo of this yummy chicken tartlet and cranberry salsa recipe to tempt you to go and make it this holiday season.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Chicken Farmers of Canada campaign managed by SJ Consulting. I received compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own. Get some recipe inspiration over at Chicken.ca to discover holiday appetizers and more.
Don't forget to follow them on their social channels.