Powered by Mom's Apple Butter Scones Recipe
We love this fall recipe of Apple Butter Scones
I love to have one these Apple Butter Scones in the morning with my coffee or tea. They are savory and slightly sweet and who doesn't love a recipe with cinnamon and sugar. They just seem perfect on a chilly day topped with some melting butter.
Now don't those Apple Butter Scones look oh so yummy. Just imagine some butter melting on those and oh that makes me so hungry. The only problem with the Apple Butter Scones is I never just want one, however as they can be filling, fortunately I can't eat more than two in a sitting. It's not long before I'm craving more of them.
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, preferably cold
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream plus 2 Tablespoons
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon-sugar mix, for dusting
- Stir all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, then the ½ cup whipping cream, then the apple butter and cinnamon.
- Add the dry mixture into the apple butter mixture one cup at a time, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean, floured surface and roll into a large circle, no more than 2" thick.
- Cut into "pizza slice" triangles, and then brush over top with the 2 Tablespoons whipping cream. Sprinkle on cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Bake on a lined baking sheet for 10-15 minutes until golden and scones have formed a hard crust.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
These are also very good with pears and apples or just pears, my favorite is still with the apple but the pear is a nice substitute and I certainly wouldn't complain if I had some on a plate in front of me, they would be gobbled up just as quickly. I have also found if properly stored the Apple Butter Scones freeze quite nicely. So make a big batch and freeze half of them later, for company or for the holidays.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and make sure to check out our other yummy recipes we've got everything from healthy, savory, sweet, snacks, smoothies and oh so much more. Also grab our Simply Sweet e-Recipe Book for free HERE.
Here's just a few of our other yummy recipes.
We have oh so many more so go and enjoy them and let us know which ones try. Feel free to comment below.